Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, roast turkey. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Roast Turkey is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Roast Turkey is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have roast turkey using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roast Turkey:
- Prepare 1 - (7.5 kg) (15lbs)Fresh or Fully thawed Turkey
- Get as needed vegetable oil
- Make ready To taste:
- Get garlic powder
- Get salt
- Get pepper
- Take sage
- Take parsley
Steps to make Roast Turkey:
- Throughly wash turkey in cold water inside and out.
- Place in a large roast pan. Brush all over with vegetable oil (do not use olive oil as it will burn)
- Sprinkle seasoning all over: garlic powder, salt, pepper, sage and parsley (no exact measurements, season to taste)
- Do not Add any liquid!
- Roast in oven at 375c for three hours basting periodically with the turkeys own juices. When the breast / top is browned enough, cover only that area loosely with foil.
- After three hours reduce heat to 325c baste once more. After an hour check with meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh. A sure sign it’s done is the juices will run clear.
- Remove from oven, place on a platter to rest for about 30 minutes. Carve and enjoy.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food roast turkey recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!